Advantages and disadvantages of electric resistance welding
Electric resistance welding refers to the method of using the resistance heat generated by the current passing through the welding part and the contact place as the heat source to heat up the part locally and pressurize the welding at the same time.
Advantages of electric resistance welding:
(1) simple metallurgical process;
(2) short heating time,usually no calibration and heat treatment is needed after welding;
(3) there is no need to fill metal during welding, and the welding cost is low;
(4) simple operation, easy to achieve mechanization and automation;
(5) high productivity, no noise and no harmful gas.
Disadvantages of electric resistance welding:
(1) currently,there is no reliable nondestructive testing method;
(2) low tensile strength and fatigue strength of joints;
(3) high power and high cost of the equipment, maintenance is difficult.
Haihao Group supply and manufacture electric resistance welded(ERW) steel pipes according in different standards such as ASTM A53,API 5L,DIN 2458,EN10217,GB/T3091,GB/T9711 etc.