What is ASTM A105 carbon steel material?
A105 is American ASTM standard number,”A” stands for common carbon structural steel.ASTM A105 is the most common carbon steel material under ASME/ANSI/API/MSS standard.It’s standard specification for carbon steel forgings for piping applications.ASTM A105 is the most commonly used carbon steel material grade for the manufacture of forged piping components such as flanges and forged pipe fittings of small diameter piping.This carbon steel material can be used in pressure systems at ambient and higher-temperature service conditions.
Chemical composition of ASTM A105 carbon steel material:
- The sum of copper, nickel, chromium, molybdenum and vanadium shall not exceed 1.00%
- The sum of chromium and molybdenum shall not exceed 0.32 %.
- For each reduction of 0.01 % below the specified carbon maximum (0.35 %), an increase of 0.06 % manganese above the specified maximum (1.05 %) will be permitted up to a maximum of 1.35 %.
Mechanical properties of ASTM A105 carbon steel material:
|Tensile Strength,min:||70,000 psi (485 MPa)|
|Yield Strength,min:||36,000 psi (250 MPa)|
|Reduction of area,min:||30% min|
Heat Treatment of ASTM A105 steel carbon steel material:
ASTM A105 materials may be subjected to appropriate heat treatment as required,such as annealing,normalizing or normalizing and tempering or quenching and tempering.It will bring different mechanical properties to the steel.
- Annealing-In annealing,the material shall be uniformly reheated to a temperature above the transformation range and,after holding for a sufficient time at this temperature,cooled slowly to a temperature below the transformation range.
- Normalizing-In Normalizing,the material is uniformly reheated to a temperature above the transformation range,and subsequently,cooled in air at room temperature.
- Normalizing and tempering
- Quenching and tempering-In this method,the material is first fully austenitized and then quenched immediately in a suitable liquid medium.The quenched fittings again reheated to a minimum temperature of 590°C of 1100°F and then cooled in still air.
In Hebei Haihao Group,ASTM A105 carbon steel piping products types:
ASTM A105 carbon steel forged flanges:
weld neck flange,slip on flange,blind flange,threaded flange,plate flange(plain flange),spectacle blind flange,orifice flange,socket weld flange,lap joint flange(loose flange),long weld neck flange,reducing flange,rolled forging ring flange,flangeolet,tube sheet,anchor flange,non standard flange(custom flange).
ASTM A105 carbon steel forged(threaded/socket) pipe fittings:
threaded/socket 45°/90°/180° elbow,cross,tee,cap,reducer,coupling,union,nipple,outlet,etc
If you want to know more about our piping products,please email us:email@example.com