API 5L PSL2 Grade B seamless steel pipes
API 5L PSL2 Grade B seamless steel pipes are utilized different pipeline transportation frameworks such as in the natural gas and petroleum industries.Haihao Group is one of the main manufacturer,supplier,distributors, stockist,traders,dealers,and exporter of API 5L Grade B PSL2 steel pipes in China.We use the finest nature of raw materials to ensure quality.These API 5L Gr.B PSL 2 seamless steel pipes can be redone according to the need of the customer.
Specifications of API 5L Grade B PSL2 seamless steel pipes:
Outer Diameter Size: 1/2″ NB – 60″ NB
Length: 3-12 meters,single random length,double random length and customize size.
Wall Thickness: Sch 20-Sch XXS
Pipe Ends: plain end,beveled end,threaded end
Outside Coating: black painting,varnish painting,anti-corrosion coating(FBE,2PE,3PE,2PP,3PP),galvanized finish,finish as per customer requirements
Packing: packed in wooden boxes,plastic bags,steel strips bundled,or as per customers requests
1.Chemical composition of API 5L PSL2 Grade B seamless steel pipe
|Steel Grade||Mass fraction, % based on heat and product analyses||Carbon Equiv a|
|C||Si||Mn||P||S||V||Nb||Ti||Other||CE IIW||CE Pcm|
|max b||max||max b||max||max||max||max||max||max||max|
- a. SMLS t>0.787”, CE limits shall be as agreed. The CEIIW limits applied fi C > 0.12% and the CEPcm limits apply if C ≤ 0.12%,
- b. For each reduction of 0.01% below the specified maximum for C, an increase of 0.05% above the specified maximum for Mn is permissible, up to a maximum of 1.65% for grades ≥ L245 or B, but ≤ L360 or X52; up to a maximum of 1.75% for grades > L360 or X52, but < L485 or X70; up to a maximum of 2.00% for grades ≥ L485 or X70, but ≤ L555 or X80; and up to a maximum of 2.20% for grades > L555 or X80.,
- c. Unless otherwise agreed Nb = V ≤ 0.06%,
- e. Unless otherwise agreed, Cu ≤ 0.50%; Ni ≤ 0.30% Cr ≤ 0.30% and Mo ≤ 0.15%,
- l. For all PSL 2 pipe grades except those grades with footnotes j noted, the following applies. Unless otherwise agreed no intentional addition of B is permitted and residual B ≤ 0.001%.
2. Mechanical properties of API 5L PSL2 Grade B seamless steel pipe
|Pipe Grade||Tensile Properties – Pipe Body of SMLS and Welded Pipes PSL2||Seam of Welded Pipe|
|Yield Strength a||Tensile Strength a||Ratio a,c||Elongation||Tensile Strength d|
|Rt0,5 PSI Min||Rm PSI Min||R10,5IRm||(in 2in)||Rm (psi)|
- a. For intermediate grade, refer to the full API5L specification.
- c. This limit applies for pies with D> 12.750 in
- d. For intermediate grades, the specified minimum tensile strength for the weld seam shall be the same value as was determined for the pipe body using foot a.
- f. The specified minimum elongation, Af, expressed in percent and rounded to the nearest percent, shall be determined using the following equation:
- Where C is 1 940 for calculation using Si units and 625 000 for calculation using USC unitsAxc is the applicable tensile test piece cross-sectional area, expressed in square millimeters (square inches) , as follows
– For circular cross-section test pieces, 130mm2 (0.20 in2) for 12.7 mm (0.500 in) and 8.9 mm (.350 in) diameter test pieces; and 65 mm2 (0.10 in2) for 6.4 mm (0.250in) diameter test pieces.
– For full-section test pieces, the lesser of a) 485 mm2 (0.75 in2) and b) the cross-sectional area of the test piece, derived using the specified outside diameter and the specified wall thickness of the pipe, rounded to the nearest 10 mm2 (0.10in2)
– For strip test pieces, the lesser of a) 485 mm2 (0.75 in2) and b) the cross-sectional area of the test piece, derived using the specified width of the test piece and the specified wall thickness of the pipe, rounded to the nearest 10 mm2 (0.10in2)
U is the specified minimum tensile strength, expressed in megapascals (pounds per square inch
- g. Lower values fo R10,5IRm may be specified by agreement
- h. for grades > x90 refer to the full API5L specification.
API 5L specification is for welded and seamless steel pipe for pipeline transportation systems petroleum and natural gas industries.API 5L is divided into two product levels:API 5L PSL1 and API 5L PSL2.PSL1 is a standard quality for line pipe while PSL2 contains additional chemical,mechanical properties,and testing requirements.Grades covered by API 5L specification are A25,A,B and “X” Grades X42,X46,X52,X56,X60,X65,X70,X80.The two digit number following the “X” indicates the Minimum Yield Strength (in 000’s psi) of pipe produced to this grade.
Haihao Group has more than 30 years experiences for professional supplying of piping system products,like seamless steel pipes,welded steel pipes(ERW,SSAW,LSAW steel pipes),galvanized steel pipes,casing steel pipes,butt welding pipe fittings,forged pipe fittings and flanges products in China.If you want to know more about our products,please email us:email@example.com