What is the function of PTFE coating?
Corrosion is one of the important problems that can not be ignored in the production of enterprises, especially in the petrochemical industry, shipbuilding, etc., which is full of more corrosive substances such as carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydroxides, sea water, etc. in addition to the higher temperature and humidity in the workshop, metal machinery and equipment are more likely to react with these substances and thus be corroded.
PTFE has excellent stability and corrosion resistance, and is widely used in various products that need to be resistant to acid, alkali and organic solvents. In ASTM b-177 salt spray test, it lasted for 2500 hours, while the area of red embroidery was less than 15%. In addition, it has the following features.
- With high-definition cleanliness: after drying, the PTFE coated workpiece will form a uniform lubrication film on the surface of the workpiece, which has the characteristics of high-definition cleanliness, low torque lubrication, noise reduction and anti-static, and perfectly solves the problems of diffusion and pollution of traditional lubricants.
- Low friction and wear resistance: PTFE coating has significant lubricity,and the friction coefficient is as low as 0.05. The surface treated by PTFE coating has the effect of dry lubrication, so it is often used in the mechanical parts with high friction coefficient requirements, reducing friction coefficient and increasing wear resistance, but also self-lubricating.
- Non adhesive: almost all substances do not adhere to the PTFE coating. The thin film also shows good non adhesion.
- Excellent adhesion: PTFE coating forms excellent adhesion on various metal substrate surfaces, which can avoid coating falling off due to seawater immersion or atmospheric erosion, and provide long-term and effective protection for equipment.
- Anti electrochemical corrosion: the insulation strength of PTFE coating can reach 500-1200 volts per microinch (MIL), so as to achieve the effect of inhibiting electrochemical corrosion. Moreover, it has excellent anti ultraviolet weather resistance and can prevent the corrosion of fasteners caused by hot soil layer and most chemicals.
- Adhesion and color identification: PTFE anticorrosive coating has good flexibility and remarkable adhesion, which can be used to bond a variety of substrates. The coating can also be marked with different colors for different specific purposes, such as blue, red, green, silver and black, so as to facilitate the management of safety classification and future maintenance.
After PTFE coating, the workpiece has excellent characteristics in wear-resistant, self-lubricating, anti sticking, anti-corrosion, high and low temperature resistance, anti insulation, etc., which can prevent the workpiece from rust death and delay the failure cycle, and is easier to install and disassemble. Therefore, it can be used in chemical, petroleum, textile, food, paper, medical, electronic and mechanical industries and marine operation fields Widely used.Hebei Haihao Group,can provide a variety of PTFE coated workpieces, such as fasteners,like bolts and nuts,Stud and nut.if you have related request,please no hesitate to contact us.Email:firstname.lastname@example.org